Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Catch of the day









Yes, that age old question: How do you like your mackerel? In tomato sauce? Smoked and chucked in a kedgeree? Or peppered and made into a pâté?Well, I like to eat mine in a pâté smothered on toast to eat ( recipe below). But to look at, I mean just for appreciating their aesthetic qualities, I like them made of random second hand fabrics. And after some successful fishing trips ( not of mine I might add) I was inspired to make my own delicious looking mackerel. Here they are in their little school of six.


Smoked peppered mackerel pâté:
1 peppered mackerel fillet without skin
Half tub of cream cheese
Good squeeze of lemon juice

Mix well together with fork until smoothish. Toast some bread and smother it with the mackerel mixture. Ta da! Lunch is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment