Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Teapot Tale

So I´m sitting at home on a Saturday evening (hey that´s life when you´re a mum) and am going through Finn (the Norwegian Craigs List/Ebay I guess) looking for stuff (don´t ask what! I´ve just really got my eye on some very expensive cutlery. This is how domesticated I´ve become...) and I come across my lovely little teapot. Yeah you remember! This one. Well it turns out that it was designed by a Finnish designer called Kaj Franck, one of the leading Finnish designers of his day ( that is the 60s and 70s). He worked many years for the Finnish company Arabia. You can find out more about him here. And it turns out that my little kettle seems to be worth three times as much as what I payed for it. Ok so no fortune made but maybe a bit of pocket money ( enough to 'treat myself to a Mars bar' as my nan would have said). Not bad, say I! So I´m off to drink a cuppa to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment